Radiation Therapy
Today is radiation Wednesday. I met with the radiation oncologist this morning, The good news is only 16 treatments. Catching the cancer early, having a great surgeon and making everything involved with treatment happen fast all helped in less radiation treatments.
I go for a CT simulation tomorrow. I'm told it takes about an hour. From that mapping is done and a plan is created. Hope to get this started bu the end of next week.
I am staying local for the radiation treatments versus the other care I've had. Even though I feel that medical care in my area sucks, I feel that the radiation treatments will be of equal value. I've educated my self and have learn the protocol for my type of cancer and all my medical practitioners have followed the protocol.
So, a new, but fairly quickly and painless journey begins tomorrow. I feel positive about the outcome. Next step the chemotherapy oral medication that will keep my body from producing hormones that fed my cancer.
Stay tuned...
I go for a CT simulation tomorrow. I'm told it takes about an hour. From that mapping is done and a plan is created. Hope to get this started bu the end of next week.
I am staying local for the radiation treatments versus the other care I've had. Even though I feel that medical care in my area sucks, I feel that the radiation treatments will be of equal value. I've educated my self and have learn the protocol for my type of cancer and all my medical practitioners have followed the protocol.
So, a new, but fairly quickly and painless journey begins tomorrow. I feel positive about the outcome. Next step the chemotherapy oral medication that will keep my body from producing hormones that fed my cancer.
Stay tuned...
Comments
Post a Comment