Day After Second Surgery
My amazing surgeon and her team were wonderful yesterday. Just before my shot of "joy juice" the sweet nurse anesthetist asked what my dream would be and I said "the beach". She asked if there were anything else and I said a caramel macchiato. When I came to in recovery, there a caramel macchiato waiting for me. The staff at the hospital have all been so amazingly kind to me.
The surgery went well, much more tissue removed. And she even grabbed some atypical benign cells that the pathology report from the first surgery found. I am thankful for her aggressive approach.
I'm more tired than I was after the first surgery, and definitely more sore. Pain is managed well with the long acting tordal/marcaine cocktail injected into the surgical site. I'll feel much better once I can take the very tight fitting surgical bra off and take a shower in a couple of days. Ah, the little things. :)
So, rest, good nutrition and more rest is on my menu as I took a couple of steps backward in this journey to rid my body of breast cancer. Next step, after my follow up on May 30, radiation therapy and then an aromatase inhibitor, Arimidex, for 5-10 years.
My path is set before me and I shall follow it to the tee. With God's Mercy and Grace, I will come out of this phase of life into a cancer-free, joyful phase.
More to come.
The surgery went well, much more tissue removed. And she even grabbed some atypical benign cells that the pathology report from the first surgery found. I am thankful for her aggressive approach.
I'm more tired than I was after the first surgery, and definitely more sore. Pain is managed well with the long acting tordal/marcaine cocktail injected into the surgical site. I'll feel much better once I can take the very tight fitting surgical bra off and take a shower in a couple of days. Ah, the little things. :)
So, rest, good nutrition and more rest is on my menu as I took a couple of steps backward in this journey to rid my body of breast cancer. Next step, after my follow up on May 30, radiation therapy and then an aromatase inhibitor, Arimidex, for 5-10 years.
My path is set before me and I shall follow it to the tee. With God's Mercy and Grace, I will come out of this phase of life into a cancer-free, joyful phase.
More to come.
Comments
Post a Comment