More ramblings

The weekend was good.  I was active.  Out to lunch and a little shopping with my best friend Saturday and Sunday hubby and I went to church, brunch afterward and a bit more shopping.  Of course with activity comes a bit more pain, but I think I tolerated it well.  I can tell the long acting local pain meds have worn off.

Late next week brings the follow up doctor visits to surgeon and oncologist.  The surgeon visit I am not so much worried about.  The oncologist visit worries me. This visit maps the future for radiation therapy and the aromatase inhibitor.

Radiation therapy is necessary, no doubt.  But, it is also scary. Radiation of the breast will cause thinning of the bone (rib cage).  Radiation of the left breast could cause future heart issues.  The aromatase inhibitor which follows radiation keeps my thyroid from producing hormones.  That will further cause bone thinning and another side effect is it effects cholesterol, causing high readings.

Yes it's necessary.  Yes, I will do it. Yes, I am scared.

I'm also scared of recurrence.  It has not left my mind that once I go through all this treatment, there is always a chance for recurrence.  But, life is but a chance, right?  Recurrence means that I can't have radiation again.  Scary future.  But, there is my faith that will carry me through whatever I have to face.

Time to pull up my big girl panties and face this next step head on.  The unknowns cause me anxiety. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day After Second Surgery

Marked, taped, and tattooed